Corfman Corner

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Pregnancy update



After three years of trying to have a baby including some infertility treatments and becoming activated to adopt in January, I was amazed to find out in March that I was PREGNANT!! What a blessing from God. I was a little guarded in the beginning but I am now officially 30 weeks pregnant and continuing to expand!! Reality has finally sunk in. Our little miracle will be here before we know it.

I have truly been blessed with a healthy pregnancy. The first trimester was as predicted. I had morning sickness which included nausea and feeling very tired. I could not stand to go to Walmart grocery shopping, just the smell of the food made me feel sick. Thankfully right after the 12 week mark it all stopped. The second trimester was as they say the best. Now I am in the third trimester and it is obvious that the honeymoon phase of feeling good is over. The fatigue has returned. I am getting up several times during the night and am finding it more and more difficult to get comfortable. My feet are now swelling and I am having a very hard time finding shoes to fit. Also, I had a little bit of a scare when my first glucose tolerance test showed a high level of sugar. I had to take the three hour test last Friday but the results showed up negative. Yeah, no gestational diabetes!! A definite answer to prayer.

Despite the above complaints, pregnancy is definitely a blessing. It is amazing to see and feel how much more baby Alayna is moving. Brandon is finally able to feel her also. It is so incredible to watch my stomach jump up and down. Her favorite play times are around midnight and two or three in the morning. I think we are going to have a very active baby.

We start childbirth classes next Monday. I think this will be an adventure for both of us.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations to you! Just wait until you have four and then you'll want to tear your hair out!

    All the Best,
    The Meiers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home