Corfman Corner

Thursday, September 07, 2006

One-click ordering

BEWARE of one click ordering on the Internet. I learned the hard way. A couple of weeks ago I was looking at gliders and ottomans on Target's website. Later on I checked my email and saw a confirmation email of my order. I was so shocked!!! I hadn't ordered this $160 glider or so I thought. Apparently, I had accidently clicked a one click ordering button and didn't even realize it.

I called Target right away. It had only been a couple of hours since the order was placed so I thought there would be no problem cancelling it. However, they told me it had already been processed and could not be cancelled! I could not believe it. My only option at this point was to wait until the shipment came and refuse it. I prayed that I would actually be home when it came which thankfully I was.

I went back on Target's site and quickly figured out how to get rid of this one click ordering button so that this would never happen again. The moral to this story- BE VERY CAREFUL when browsing or shopping on the web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home