Corfman Corner

Monday, September 11, 2006

Childbirth classes

We officially started our childbirth classes tonight. Our teacher is a nurse with over 30 years of experience. She has alot of insights and knowledge to share. I felt like she was talking just to me. I laughed as she described the exact things that I am feeling and experiencing right now.

We had about 10 other couples on our class. It is funny to watch the men. They all seem excited(yeah right) to be there! They were learning a little bit tonight about their role as coach. We learned some relaxation techniques and how they can support us. I am excited for next week when they learn massage techniques. We also get a tour of the birthing center.

They gave us a big hospital belongings bag full of stuff. It had a lot of little samples such as diapers, lotions, wipes, etc. There were also about 6 magazines. However, most of it was advertisements and coupons. I laughed at the offer from DirecTV!! What does that have to do with our newborn baby?!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Direct TV is for you and all the sleepless nites you will be up with "Penny"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home